Hearing Aid Accessories: Essential & Optional
When you purchase hearing aids, there are some accessories that are necessary for their upkeep and maintenance. There are also a variety of optional accessories that you can purchase, which can help make the device more useful. By learning more about them, you can identify which are best for your needs.
Essential Hearing Aid Accessories
The most important accessories that you cannot do without are batteries and cleaning tools.
A source of power is essential for all hearing aids to operate. Unless you have rechargeable devices, you will want to ensure you have a good supply of the batteries your hearing aids require.
The four main sizes of hearing aid batteries include 10, 312, 13, and 675, listed from smallest to largest. To help ensure you get the proper battery, they are colour-coded using a standard method.
Your daily regimen should include cleaning and caring for your hearing aids. This will improve their functioning and ensure they have a longer lifespan. Some of the typical cleaning instruments include a brush, wax removal pick, and a tube and vent cleaner.
Most custom hearing aids and all RIC devices feature replaceable was guards. These guards help to protect the receiver and speaker from being clogged or blocked with wax or other debris. On average, they should be changed once a month, or if you find your hearing aid is not loud enough. Some people generate more wax than others, so their wax guard may need to be changed more frequently.
Some devices, particularly CIC’s, will also feature replaceable mic guards. These prevent debris or wax from entering the microphone.
Optional Hearing Aid Accessories
These add-ons could simplify your hearing device maintenance or increase their functionality but are not required for them to function.
- Hearing aid dryer – These accessories can be useful if you often expose your hearing aids to damaging moisture, including sweat, rain, humidity, and more.
- Bluetooth streaming devices – Most hearing aids are now Bluetooth-compatible, making it simple to wirelessly connect to various gadgets, including cell phones and televisions.
- Assistive listening devices – In highly specialized listening contexts like classrooms, lecture halls, music venues, and theatres, these devices can make your hearing aids more effective.
- Carrying case – You may need to remove your hearing aids sometimes. They can be kept dry and safe in carrying cases that are waterproof and shatterproof.
ReSound Hearing Aid Accessories
- Multi-Mic – Your hearing and listening range are improved by up to 25 meters (80 feet).
- Phone Clip+ – Your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone can stream audio, including calls and music, to your ReSound hearing aids.
- ReSound TV Streamer – This device enables you to stream stereo sound from the television directly to your hearing device.
- ReSound Remote Controls – Switching between settings and adjusting levels is now easier than ever with ReSound’s remote control.
Book a Free Consultation for Expert Advice on Hearing Aid Accessories
These accessories are only a handful of the many options designed to help hearing aid wearers improve their lifestyle.
At Bravo Hearing, we are dedicated to ensuring our clients experience a better quality of life through personalized hearing solutions. If you have any concerns about your hearing health, please reach out to our specialists to schedule an appointment. Our team can conduct a hearing test and discuss with you what the best steps are to improve your hearing and your life. Call us today at 416-207-9711, and we will be happy to help.