Hearing Loss Services
“Hearing loss is one of the disabilities that can be treated most inexpensively and with the greatest benefit, for the individual as well as for society as a whole.”
Hearing loss is most often defined as a degree of impairment in one’s ability to understand or comprehend sound. Levels of impairment can range from partial hearing loss (including mild, moderate, or severe) to profound hearing loss and total deafness.
Hearing loss can adversely affect the individuals with such impairment as well as others with whom they interact on a daily basis at home, in social settings and/or at work. The onset of hearing loss may be gradual, almost unnoticeable at first, but can lead to situations that are quite uncomfortable and perhaps even embarrassing as the hearing loss worsens over time.
When any degree of hearing loss is suspected or has been confirmed, those individuals and their family members are advised to visit a hearing clinic such as Bravo Hearing Centre in Toronto. The hearing loss specialists at Bravo Hearing Centre offer a comprehensive range of services and support programs to assist their clients with hearing-related complications and challenges.
Audiometric or Hearing-Related Services
- Hearing tests – to determine hearing levels, ability to differentiate sounds
- Hearing aid sales – all makes and models from all the leading manufacturers
- Dispensing and follow-up – initial hearing aid fittings; post-fitting adjustments
- Patient and family counseling – to help in dealing with/adjusting to hearing loss
- Hearing aid evaluations – to measure the effectiveness of existing hearing aids
- In-home or in-hospital visits – for patients unable to attend the Etobicoke clinic
- Aural rehabilitation – support programs such as listening strategies, lip-reading
- On-site minor repairs – local service to avoid any downtime without hearing aids
In addition to these hearing-related services, the hearing loss specialists at Bravo Hearing Centre can provide/dispense a number of accessories for hearing aid wearers or those who require custom devices for work or leisure activities; these products consist of the following:
Dispensing – Hearing Devices and Accessories
- Hearing aid batteries – different sizes to fit various hearing aids
- Hearing aid accessories – cleaning kits; wax and moisture guards
- Amplified telephones – to assist in hearing speech and sounds more clearly
- Assistive listening devices – for distinguishing speech within noisy environments
- Custom plugs – for sleeping, swimming, noise protection (construction, concerts)
- Custom earmolds – for best performance, comfort with behind-the-ear hearing aids
If you suspect that you or a family member are experiencing some degree of hearing loss, consult with a hearing loss specialist at Bravo Hearing Centre in Etobicoke to determine the best course of action or treatment. Call Bravo Hearing Centre today at 416-207-9711 to request your complimentary hearing test and follow-up consultation with a licensed hearing professional.