Starkey Hearing Aids
With world headquarters in Minnesota and a Canadian head office in Mississauga, Starkey Hearing Technologies is firmly established as a leader in the manufacturing and distribution of hearing aids and advanced hearing solutions. Since it was first founded in 1967, Starkey Hearing Technologies, or Starkey as this manufacturer is commonly known, has consistently combined innovation, superior craftsmanship, and attention to individual patient needs in an effort to improve and enrich the lives of people with hearing impairment.
Starkey has been credited with several breakthroughs in the hearing aids/solutions industry, the direct result of their ongoing emphasis on technological development to provide specific and measurable improvement in a patient’s ability to hear.
Some of the notable innovations that can be attributed to Starkey include:
- First in-the-canal (ITC) hearing aid
- First to make hearing aids waterproof
- First to utilize nanotechnology in hearing aids
- First digital and programmable invisible hearing aid
- First to address the challenge of hearing in noisy environments
Livio Edge AI
Livio Edge AI hearing aids are the newest release from Starkey. The hearing aids are available in multiple styles, including in-the-ear and behind-the-ear.
Additionally, the Livio Edge AI hearing aids have other technological features enabled through Android and iOS. Some of these features include:
- Helps in Translation – It uses the Thrive app, which allows communication with people speaking other languages. The app translates the language for you.
- Ability to Detect Falls – It detects if you fall and immediately sends a message to someone selected in your contacts.
- IntelliVoice – The hearing aids have an IntelliVoice feature that helps boost speech understanding for those with significant hearing loss.
- Thrive Care App – The Thrive care app for the Livio Edge hearing aids acts like a support network for hearing aid wearers. They can easily share information like social engagement, physical activity, and hearing aid usage.
- Edge Mode – Edge mode helps scan the environment and make necessary adjustments on the hearing aids. For instance, if you are in a noisy area, it reduces the noise picked up by the device.
The Livio AI is the top technology version of the Livio and introduced several new features, including an accelerometer and Thrive Hearing Control. Thrive is a smartphone app that allows the user to access features such as wellness, activity, and brain health tracking, as well as language translation options within the app. The Livio AI also features tap control, allowing the wearer to nap near their ear to adjust the device.
With its release, additional features were launched that can be utilized on both the standard and AI models. First, a telehealth service. This allows a hearing specialist to troubleshoot or improve the hearing aid by sending programming adjustments to the patient’s phone. Second, a more basic version of Thrive came out for the Livio. This provides iOS audio streaming for calls or multimedia, a remote control for your hearing aid, personalized programs, an adaptive car mode, and a hearing aid finder function.
|Made for iPhone||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The Livio is a rechargeable hearing aid available in multiple technologies. It uses Bluetooth to communicate with a variety of compatible accessories, including a clip-on microphone, TV streamer, and remote control.
To make the experience more user-friendly, the Livio also featured different charging options. The easy-to-use charger that came with the Livio holds enough power to fully charge the hearing aids three times, meaning the charger itself would need to be plugged in less often. Additionally, a turbo charger is available. It holds enough power for four complete charges and can provide 3.5 hours of power in just 7 minutes.
|Made for iPhone||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The Muse and Muse IQ hearing aids are available in multiple styles. They have advanced sound processing that helps you hear whatever is happening around you, making you feel more connected.
Muse and Muse IQ hearing aids are also compatible with other accessories that offer wireless connectivity with TVs or microphones.
Starkey Hearing Aids Technology
There are a variety of Starkey hearing aid models to help patients with different levels of hearing loss. Recently, Starkey has released several cutting-edge hearing aid advancements, including:
- Advanced miniaturization technology that helped create invisible hearing aids.
- Made-for-iPhone Livio and Halo hearing aids
- The IQ sound processing system that enables hearing aid users to listen even in noisy environments.
- The Livio Edge AI and table microphone for improved hearing groups and launched in February 2020.
- IntelliVoice, live tele-audiology support, and a rechargeable behind-the-ear model for their Livio AI hearing aids in August 2020.
Start Your Journey to Better Hearing with Starkey Hearing Aids
Living with untreated hearing loss can cause many problems. Better hearing with the help of Starkey hearing aids has a significant impact on many parts of your life.
- Improve Your Mental Health – When you can hear clearly, you keep your mind sharp and attentive, which is excellent for your mental health.
- Better Your Physical Health – Good hearing makes it easier to remain active, bettering your physical health.
- Better Relationships – It is tricky to connect with your loved ones if you cannot hear what they say. Proper hearing helps improve communication and betters your relationships.
- It Makes Everyday Life Easier – Good hearing makes it possible for you to continue with your daily life without depending on anyone else for any help.
Bravo Hearing Offers the Best Range of Starkey Hearing Aids
Starkey Hearing Technologies provides a broad range of solutions to help satisfy the hearing needs of individuals with hearing impairment and those of their family members as well. To learn more about the Hearing Aid models available from Starkey, call the Bravo Hearing Centre in Toronto today at 416-207-9711 to consult with a Hearing Instrument Specialist.