Call Us Today

Read Our Blog

Hearing Instrument Specialists vs. Audiologists vs. ENTs

Hearing Instrument Specialists vs. Audiologists vs. ENTsHearing Specialists vs. Audiologists vs. ENTs

Jobs have grown increasingly specialized over the years, and healthcare occupations follow that trend. Understanding healthcare specialties can be challenging. We want to help you better understand the differences in those hearing healthcare specialties to achieve your best care and outcomes.

What Is a Hearing Instrument Specialist?

A Hearing Instrument Specialist (HIS) is a professional specifically trained in the fitting and adjustment of hearing aids. These specialists have focused expertise on conducting hearing assessments, determining hearing aid candidacy, and providing custom-fit hearing solutions tailored to an individual’s needs. They play a crucial role in the non-medical aspects of hearing care, primarily dealing with the prevention and treatment of hearing loss through the application of hearing aids.

What Does a Hearing Instrument Specialist Do?

HIS professionals are adept at conducting hearing tests to assess the type and degree of hearing loss. Their role extends to selecting, fitting, and servicing hearing aids and other assistive listening devices. They also provide comprehensive counselling and follow-up care to ensure users get the most out of their hearing aids, focusing on improving their overall quality of life.

What Is an Audiologist?

Audiologists are healthcare professionals holding a Doctorate in Audiology (Au.D.), making them experts in diagnosing and treating hearing and balance disorders in patients of all ages. They conduct a wide range of tests to determine the cause of hearing loss and propose treatment plans that may include hearing aids, cochlear implants, or therapeutic interventions for balance issues and tinnitus management. Audiologists offer a broader scope of practice than HIS, addressing both the medical and technical aspects of hearing loss and balance disorders.

What Is an Otolaryngologist?

Otolaryngologists, or Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) physicians, are medical doctors specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck. They are trained to perform surgical treatments for severe hearing loss, chronic ear infections, balance disorders, and other associated conditions. An ENT specialist is often the best option when hearing issues are part of broader health concerns that may require surgery.

When Is a Hearing Instrument Specialist the Best Option

A Hearing Instrument Specialist is often the best point of contact for individuals experiencing mild to moderate hearing loss primarily due to conditions affecting the inner ear. HIS professionals are ideal for patients whose primary need is assistance in selecting and fitting hearing aids to enhance daily communication. They provide personalized service and are equipped to handle the majority of hearing aid adjustments and maintenance.

We Are Hearing Loss Specialists: Explore Our Services

At Bravo Hearing, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive hearing solutions in Toronto. Our team of hearing loss specialists is here to assist you, whether you need a professional hearing test, personalized hearing aid fitting, or expert advice on managing your hearing health.

Discover the full range of services we offer and how we can help you or your loved ones experience improved hearing. Visit our Hearing Loss Specialists and Hearing Services pages to learn more.

Ready to take the next step towards better hearing? Contact us today, and let us guide you through the journey to improved auditory health.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2022 - Bravo Hearing Centre

Website By WSI Comandix