Unitron Hearing Aids
If you’d like a truly Canadian option to improve how well your hear, Unitron hearing aids are a major world distributor of quality devices that are headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario.
But supporting a local company is just one of the many reasons for choosing Unitron products.
Unitron works closely with hearing loss sufferers and professionals to focus their industry leading technological innovations in areas that will improve the lives of their customers the most, especially in the area of speech recognition.
A few of the company’s milestone innovations include:
- SmartFocus™ – A major, clinically-proven speech-in-noise advancement
- Moxi™ – Offers full functionality combined with wireless technology
- Tandem™ – Achieved superior levels of performance using an automatic program
- AntiShock™ – The first technology to immediately identify and control sudden noises, without no speech or environmental audio distortion
- SmartAlert™ – The first system to completely integrate hearing devices with a household alert system.
- uHear™ – the first self-test application for Apple mobile devices with added screening sophistication. The app was downloaded 500,000 times in its first year.
It is through their people partnerships with hearing healthcare professionals and their customers that Unitron first understood that the primary concern of hearing loss sufferers is speech-in-noise, which is the ability to clearly understand human speech in situations that have a lot of ambient sound.
That knowledge lead the company to focus the efforts of their audiologists and engineers on an unprecedented drive to improve speech intelligibility in every device the company makes. The result is that wearers can better understand audio signals from their devices in the situations in which they most want to hear them.
Unitron’s dedication to improving people’s lives includes not only the people who buy their products, but the people who work for them too. In February of 2012, the company was named as one of Canada’s top 50 Small and Medium Employers for the third time.