Stress And Hearing Loss
Are They Linked?
According to emerging research there seems to be a definite link between stress and hearing loss. People who were part of certain studies aimed at determining a relationship between the two seemed to exhibit greater hearing loss when subjected to stress.
Although these studies are still in their infancy and yet to provide concrete proof, it is believed that some stressors do affect hearing health. These include:
- Physical and mental health
- Sleep patterns
- Work environment
Stress is responsible for many physical and mental health issues, and now it is become increasingly evident that it may be the cause of Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and other hearing disabilities.
If you are experiencing hearing loss it is important to get a hearing test done as soon as possible. It is a matter of personal safety. At the consultation you can also talk to your audiologist about your lifestyle to find out if stress is worsening your hearing loss.
Bravo Hearing Centre provides detailed audiometric tests and the latest hearing instruments to help you lead a normal life. Experience the difference personalized hearing healthcare can make.
Combatting Stress To Improve Hearing Loss
Hearing loss is on the rise. There are many reasons for hearing impairments and deafness, and experts are unable to pinpoint a single one. If you and your hearing specialist or audiologist feel that stress is contributing to your hearing loss, then you have to find ways to reduce it.
What are the different ways to combat stress?
- Exercise is an effective method of relieving tension and frustration in a positive way
- Eating a balanced diet of fresh foods contributes to better physical health
- Getting enough sleep gives your body rest, and helps it relax and heal
- Meditation calms the mind, contributing to overall mental and emotional health
- Stress management sessions offer valuable tools and techniques to help you cope with job or personal situations more effectively
Bravo Hearing Centre is dedicated to improving your hearing health. We offer expert aural rehabilitation to help understand and deal with your impairment. Our hearing aids will reduce the stress and anxiety of your hearing loss, enhancing your quality of life.