Hidden Marketing Costs That Contribute To The Overall Cost Of Hearing Aids
Have you ever truly stopped to wonder how a retailer or supplier can offer merchandise or services at a significantly reduced price, or even at no charge in some cases, and still expect to turn a profit? The reason is often quite simple – the costs of these marketing efforts or promotions are commonly absorbed, or hidden, within the price of the paid-for items or services. And yes, this practice/tactic can and will be used by some hearing aids dispensaries and clinics.
There are many different types of promotions or deals that can be offered by a hearing clinic, and you may have seen or received advertising about such sales and marketing campaigns as:
But One, Get One Free
- Commonly known as a BOGO promotion
- Buy one item at regular price, get a second item (of equal or lesser value) free
- e.g.: 2-for-1 sales on batteries or perhaps on sets of hearing aids themselves
Buy One, Get One at 50% Off
- Another type of BOGO promotion – also known as purchase-with-purchase (PWP)
- Buy one item at regular price, get 50% off a second item of equal or lesser value
- e.g.: pay full price for a set of hearing aids, get half off the price of a second set
Gift with Purchase
- Buy one item at regular price and receive a free gift (gift-with-purchase or GWP)
- A hearing clinic may apply this practice through a referral program
- If a current patient refers a new patient who ultimately purchases hearing aids from that clinic, the patient who made the referral receives coupons or gift cards from a major retail or restaurant chain or maybe a pre-paid credit card
- For an annual fee, members can receive free or reduced-rate items or services as well as newsletters, e-mails about coming promotions or cross-promotions, etc.
- A hearing clinic may offer free batteries or unlimited cleanings to club members
While any or all of the above certainly sound like great deals that should be capitalized on by those who use hearing aids, there is a great deal of truth in the belief that little if anything in life is actually free. In many cases, these types of promotions are designed to entice/attract new patients, and the costs incurred or absorbed by the hearing clinic are in fact hidden within the price of the hearing aids themselves.
This is often true in situations where hearing clinics bundle the cost of hearing aids and all related services or supplies into a package price rather than delineating the costs of each individual component of that bundle.
Bravo Hearing Centre Believes In Transparent Pricing For Hearing Aids Services
Due to longer life expectancies and increasingly noisier environments, hearing loss is on an increase throughout the general population – but this does not mean that you cannot continue to enjoy your lifestyle should you require hearing aids now or in the future.
At the Bravo Hearing Centre, we believe that wearing a hearing aid or hearing aids should be as normal as wearing eye glasses. That is why the specialists at our hearing clinic in Toronto make every effort to ensure your complete comfort and understanding throughout the entire process – from hearing test to hearing aid fitting and beyond – so that you may continue to lead a happy and active lifestyle despite your hearing loss.
We also believe that our clients prefer a hearing aids clinic that uses a straightforward approach – no marketing gimmicks or limited-time sales promotions – and as such, the pricing of our products and services is outlined with complete transparency.
Some of our products and services include:
- Hearing tests
- All makes and models of hearing aids
- Dispensing and follow-up care
- Accessories and minor repairs
- Assistive listening devices
If you are looking for a hearing clinic in Toronto that provides a combination of quality service and transparent pricing on all of its products and services, call Bravo Hearing Centre today at 416-207-9711 and speak with one of our hearing aid specialists!