Basic Tips To Improve Your Hearing
Did you know that there are many ways to improve your hearing naturally? Hearing loss impacts your safety and quality of life. Here’s some valuable advice on how you can preserve this important sensation.
10 Tips To Improve Your Hearing
1. Exercise: It brings more oxygen into your system and improves blood flow to your ears.
2. Improve your diet: The right nutrition can make a significant difference to your hearing health
- Eat guacamole: Avocado is rich in magnesium. Low levels of magnesium might make you more susceptible to noise-induced hearing loss.
- Eat more vegetables: Researchers found that those who ate fresh vegetables had the lowest risk of sudden deafness.
- Consume whole grains and legumes: They are great sources of B vitamins, which studies say protect the neurons and blood vessels connected to the cochlea, the tiny bone found in your inner ear.
- Drink a cup of milk every day: The calcium and vitamin D in milk are critical for keeping the bones in your ear, especially the cochlea, healthy.
3. Switch to decaffeinated tea/coffee and reduce salt intake: Caffeine appears to hamper blood flow to the ears, while salt can lead to fluid retention, which in turn can cause swelling and interfere with ear function.
4. Quit smoking: Also stay away from other smokers. A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that age-related hearing loss is linked to greater exposure to cigarette smoke.
5. Moderate drinking: Excessive amounts may actually contribute to hearing loss.
6. Look after your teeth: Researchers say the more original teeth you have in old age, the better your hearing.
7. Get your doctor to clear any impacted wax from your ears: Just don’t try to do it yourself!
8. Rest when you have a cold: It gives your body the strength to fight off the infection and reduces the risk of developing an ear infection, which could eventually affect your hearing.
9. Keep earplugs with you: Protect your hearing when using a lawnmower or when you are in a noisy environment.
10. Turn down the volume on earphones: It is too loud if someone else can hear it.
Should you be undergoing and degree of hearing loss or difficulty, it is important to consult a hearing specialist right away.
Bravo Hearing Centre offers top quality hearing healthcare. Investing the time necessary to understand our patients’ wants and wishes is the most important element of the care that we provide.
Discover more about how to improve your hearing. Call the Bravo Hearing Centre specialists at 416-207-9711 or contact us to arrange a free consultation.