Are You Suffering Hearing Difficulties?
An aging population, increased use of audio headphones and new sources of noise around the home and workplace have all contributed to an increased number of people reporting hearing difficulties.
A hair dryer, factory equipment or almost any loud, ongoing noise is enough to cause hearing difficulties. But, unfortunately, most people who suffer hearing loss do nothing about it. Often, by the time they do, the hearing loss is extensive and affects their quality of life. So it’s important to seek help as soon as you notice any hearing difficulties.
There are many warning signs of hearing problems. Your answers to the following questions might indicate you have some difficulty in hearing properly:
- Do people remark about the loudness of your television or radio
- Have you ever been exposed to loud noise, especially over a period of time?
- Is there a ringing in your ears?
- Is your hearing okay in quiet situations, but you have difficulty hearing in noisy situations?
- Do you feel that people mumble when they speak to you?
- Can you hear people properly when you are not facing them?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they have said?
Answering “Yes” to any one of the above questions means you could have a hearing loss.
Treatments For Hearing Difficulties
Fortunately, if you have suffered a hearing loss, there are a wide variety of hearing aids, hearing assistive devices and other hearing products and accessories to help you hear better and continue with your normal activities.
The first step in treating your hearing difficulty is to consult a hearing healthcare professional who will test your hearing and determine whether your difficulties are temporary or permanent.
In addition to helping you determine the nature of your hearing impairment, a hearing specialist can offer treatment counseling, help you evaluate hearing aids and also offer hearing protection options to help you avoid further hearing loss.
Hearing Healthcare Professionals You Can Trust
If you are looking for a reliable help for your hearing difficulties, get in touch with Bravo Hearing Centre.
Experience the difference Bravo’s award winning (Etobicoke’s Best Hearing Services Award) services can make.
- Audiometric hearing testing to identify your needs
- Expert evaluations of your test results
- A full range of top quality hearing aids and other Assistive listening devices like personal FM systems, alerting devices, portable personal amplifiers, voice carry over telephones and TTY/TDD devices improve your comfort and convenience