How to Prevent Hearing Loss
Our hearing ability can affect our quality of life; in more ways than one can imagine. Until you actually suffer from hearing loss, it is easy to think of it merely as a physiological problem. However, hearing difficulties can result in social difficulties or loss of confidence and you may only realize this after you are faced with the issue. Caring for your ears is the first step towards hearing loss prevention.
Hearing loss can be prevented if you are careful:
- Being exposed to loud noise over and over is one of the most common causes of permanent hearing loss. Be alert to risks of hazardous noise in your life.
- Protect your ears in the workplace with specially designed earmuffs.
- If you work in a noisy environment, regular testing of your ears will allow early detection of hearing loss.
- Wear hearing protection, such as earplugs or earmuffs consistently when using loud equipment at work or at home.
- Limit the time in very noisy places and take regular breaks in quieter areas.
- Avoid recreational risks due to some activities, such as hunting and listening to extremely loud music for long periods of time.
- You are more likely to have hearing loss if you smoke.
- A cotton swab, hairpin, or other pointed object may have many purposes; cleaning or scratching your ears, however, is not one of them!
“Should I get hearing aids?”
If you think you have a hearing problem that affects your work, home life and also your personal safety, you need to think seriously about buying a hearing aid.
Wearing a hearing aid may seem embarrassing, but consider this:
- Hearing aids can help you hear better and feel connected to others.
- They can also make you safer when you drive or when you work around home.
- Hearing aids may help with your job, hobbies, and daily activities such as talking on the phone.
- Although it may take some time to get used to using a hearing aid, most people do so easily.
- Today’s technology offers a wide range of choices for most people with hearing loss.
- Hearing aids can be tailored to address many of your needs.
Consult an expert to find out if your hearing loss can be treated and if buying a hearing aid will actually help or not. Bravo Hearing Centre can caution you about hearing loss prevention. We can determine whether you need to buy hearing aids and take care of all your audiometric needs.
To find out how Bravo Hearing can help with your hearing needs, call 416-207-9711 or simply contact us.