Essential Information about Amplified Telephones
Amplified telephones can improve the lives of those experiencing hearing loss or impaired speech volumes by improving the communications and connections they make on the telephone. With boosted volume for ringtones, microphones and speakers, amplified telephones allow users to converse naturally and feel more at ease on the telephone.
For those suffering hearing loss, there are a number of factors to consider before choosing the right phone:
- Type of Hearing Loss – While those with reduced hearing capacity will need some form of earpiece amplification, there are different phones for high-frequency and low-frequency hearing loss. More severe hearing loss may require a more amplified earpiece.
- Corded or Cordless – Cordless telephones give you the freedom to move around, but corded models are not dependent on electricity and do not need to be recharged – amplified telephones use more power than regular phones.
- Extra Features – Like all telephones, amplified phones are available with different features, including call displays, different ringtones and speakerphones.
Amplified telephones are not much more expensive than regular telephones and your local hearing centre specialists can help you choose the right phone.
- Audiometric hearing testing to identify your needs
- Expert evaluations determine the right amplified telephone for you
- Other Assistive listening devices like personal FM systems, alerting devices, portable personal amplifiers, voice carry over telephones and TTY/TDD devices improve your comfort and convenience