Choosing The Best Hearing Aids For Your Needs
When choosing the best hearing aids, you need to consider a number of factors. For most people, it begins with understanding the type of hearing loss they experience and the extent of that loss.
- Conductive Hearing Loss – Reduced hearing levels due to sound waves not being conducted efficiently through the ear canal to the ear drum and middle ear.
Conductive hearing loss results from a number of factors, including: allergies, benign tumors, ear infections, fluid in the middle ear, impacted earwax, a perforated ear drum, poor Eustachian tube function, or ear canal, outer and middle ear malformations
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss – Hearing loss due to damage to the inner ear or the nerve connections between the inner ear and the brain.
Sensorineural hearing loss tends to muffle sound waves and makes hearing faint sounds more difficult. It can be caused by aging, certain drugs, loud noise, genetics, head trauma, illness or inner ear malformation.
- Mixed Hearing Loss – A combination of both sensorineural and conductive hearing loss.
There are a number of other factors that will determine the type and extent of your hearing loss and the best hearing aids or treatment for your needs. So how do you determine your type and degree of hearing loss?
Specialists To Help You Choose The Best Hearing Aids
Bravo Hearing Centre offers audiometric services, latest hearing aid technology, expert counseling and aural rehabilitation to help restore crystal clear sound for patients with different types of hearing loss. Our warm and caring environment offers reassuring comfort while receiving the attention you need. Experience the difference our award winning (Etobicoke’s Best Hearing Services Award) services can make.
- Hearing tests to identify your needs
- Expert evaluations determine the best hearing aids for you
- Periodic discounts to help meet your budget
- Experienced follow-up care for ongoing hearing health
Get an expert hearing test, evaluation and advice before choosing the best hearing aids. Contact Bravo Hearing Centre today or call us at 416-207-9711.