Toronto Hearing Centre Specialists Can Help With Hearing Aid Issues And Concerns
There is inherent value in wearing hearing aids as it pertains to overall quality of life, as well as an investment value of time and money in the testing and fitting processes. Yet despite the tangible and intangible attributes of these medical devices, it may come as a surprise that as many as 50% of the people who need hearing aids either do not or will not wear them.
Unlike people who may not be aware that they have medical conditions such as elevated blood sugars or high blood pressure, this statistic relates to those individuals who have confirmed hearing loss based on professional testing at a hearing centre. And while people may willingly wear their prescription eye glasses or contact lenses to drive a car, watch television, or participate in sporting activities, the same attitude is not necessarily applicable to hearing aids.
There are several reasons why individuals with diagnosed hearing loss will not utilize the hearing aids recommended or provided by specialists at hearing centres in Toronto or elsewhere across North America. In some instances, people decline to have hearing aids fitted at all for one or more of the following reasons:
- Cost/possible lack of insurance coverage
- Personal denial about their hearing loss
- Perception of minimal benefit/lack of value
- Stigma associated with wearing hearing aids
Furthermore, there are a number of reasons why those who move forward with obtaining hearing aids from a professional centre do not actually use or wear their devices. Here are the most common, in no particular order:
- Challenges adapting/adjusting to new sounds
- Challenges adapting/adjusting to new sound volumes
- Ear discomfort/tenderness from improper fit
- Feedback noise/whistling
- Incorrect settings to the level of hearing loss
- Incorrect settings to eliminate background noise
- Lack of patience/frustration with multiple adjustments
- Vanity/appearance – size and visibility of the hearing aids
- Maintenance requirements
- Challenges with vision and/or manual dexterity
While any of the above reasons might have some validity of its own, an improvement in one’s hearing and quality of life should be of paramount importance. With the support and counseling of the specialists in a hearing centre in Toronto such as Bravo Hearing Centre, individuals who require the use of these devices can overcome most/all of the above noted issues or concerns.
A Hearing Test Centre Can Confirm Your Hearing Loss And Course Of Treatment
Changes in your hearing should be dealt with in the same open and accepting manner as changes in your eyesight. Whether due to natural aging or a medical condition, hearing loss can be treated with the guidance and support of the trained specialists at our hearing centre.
Through our hearing centre, you have access to such professional services as:
- Hearing tests
- Hearing aid molds/fittings
- Adjustments and minor repairs
- The dispensing of batteries, earplugs, etc.
- And much, much more
If you have questions or concerns about purchasing or wearing hearing aids, call our hearing centre in Toronto at 416-207-9711 to discuss and address your needs and book your free hearing test or a consultation to examine and rectify the cause of your worries or discomfort.